Yoga to Remove Spectacles From Eyes
In today’s time, it is becoming common to have weak eyes and wearing power glasses. Most people have power glasses on their eyes. Many people have glasses so big on their eyes that if the glasses are removed, they will not even see properly. This problem is not only being seen in the youth, old people, but young children are also falling prey to the weakness of the eyes.
What can be the reasons for the weakening of the eyes at a young age and in puberty itself. The main reasons for weak eyes are excessive consumption of fast food, due to which our body does not get enough energy, not doing regular yoga, doing regular yoga keeps our blood circulation right, digestion power remains good, body gets energy. Due to which our eyes also remain healthy. Sitting incorrectly while working on a computer, Not keeping enough distance, Using mobile phone throughout the day, Continuously watching TV, Reading for a long time without resting the eyes, Prolonged exposure to bright light, Being under stress .
💻 Table of Content
How Yoga Mudra is beneficial in removing Spectacles ?
Yogasans can be beneficial to increase eyesight. This is also mentioned in the research published on NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information). According to this study, doing yoga can reduce eye fatigue and eye discomfort . Other scientific research has given that the quality of eyesight can be improved by the relaxation technique of yoga. Not only this, by increasing the blood circulation in and around the eyes, yogasanas can also improve vision . On the basis of these facts, yoga postures and yoga asanas are considered beneficial for removing glasses.
- Improves Your Eyesight: Regular yoga practice, combined with a balanced diet, can help you see better. Some doctors even advise their patients to practice yoga for the eyes to get rid of their spectacles as a complementary therapy.
- Reduces Intraocular Pressure (IOP): By practicing yoga to get rid of your glasses, you effectively lessen the intraocular pressure (IOP) that builds up inside your eyes. Additionally, glaucoma progression slows down as IOP is lowered.
- Provide Relief From Eye Strain: You will get great eye strain relief if you practice yoga in the morning before taking off your glasses. In fact, it has been demonstrated through scientific research that doing eye yoga while taking off your spectacles helps to reduce eye fatigue.
Yoga for Eyes to Remove Glasses
If you want to take the help of yoga to remove glasses, then know about this in further detail. In this we are telling the names of yogasanas that increase eyesight and how to do it.
Shirshasana is a combination of two Sanskrit words head and asana, which means to do yoga with the support of the head. In this yoga one has to stand on the head, hence it is considered as a difficult yoga. According to a medical research, doing headstand can improve blood circulation in the eyes. It has also been told in research that this yoga increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients, which can directly benefit the eyes .
Method of doing yoga:
- To do Shirshasan, first sit in the posture of Vajrasana by laying a yoga mat.
- Now interlock the fingers of both your hands and keep the hands on the ground while bending forward.
- Then tilt your head and keep it in the middle of both the hands and rest it on the ground.
- After this, slowly raise both the legs together and straighten the legs.
- In this posture the whole body should be straight on the head.
- Maintain the balance of your body by taking support from the elbows.
- Now stay in this state for a while according to your ability.
- During this, keep breathing in and out regularly.
- After this, while exhaling, slowly bring the legs down and come to the starting position.
- Beginner practitioners can do two to three cycles of this yoga posture under the supervision of an expert.
- Those suffering from pain in the head, neck, shoulders, arms or back should avoid doing this yoga asana.
- Patients of high blood pressure should avoid doing this yoga asana.
- People above 50 years of age should avoid doing this yoga asana.
- Do not do Shirsasana even during pregnancy.
The name of Sarvangasana is also included in the list of yoga to remove glasses from the eyes. A medical research related to this has given that Sarvangasana can be better for the eyesight. According to research, this yogasana can increase eyesight by improving blood circulation in the ENT area i.e eye, ear and nose area.
Method of doing yoga:
- To do Sarvangasana, first of all lie down on your back by laying a mat. At this time, keep both hands straight by keeping them close to the body.
- Now with both the legs together, slowly lift the hips and waist upwards.
- Supporting the waist with both hands, keep the elbows on the ground.
- Note that both the legs are adjacent and straight.
- During this, the weight of the body will be on the elbows, shoulders and head. At the same time, the chin will be touching the chest.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds and keep breathing and exhalation normal.
- After this, slowly bring down the legs, buttocks and waist and come to the starting position.
- This asana can be done two to three times in the beginning.
- Do not do this yoga asana during pregnancy.
- A person suffering from severe heart disease should not do this asana.
- If you have neck pain, do not do this yoga asana.
Anulom-vilom can also be included in the yoga of removing glasses. During a scientific research, some school girls were given yoga to improve eyesight. One of those yogas was also Anulom Vilom. At the end of the research, it has been told that doing yoga regularly can improve eyesight .
Method of doing yoga:
- To do Anulom-Vilom, first of all sit in the posture of Padmasana or Sukhasana by laying a yoga mat on a clean place.
- If someone is having trouble sitting on the ground, they can sit upright in a chair.
- For this yoga, use the thumb and middle finger of the right hand.
- At this time the whole body will be straight and then both the eyes will be closed.
- Now take one to two deep breaths and release slowly and try to keep the mind calm.
- Then close the right nostril with the thumb of the right hand and take a long and deep breath through the left nostril.
- Do not exert too much pressure to breathe, take deep breaths according to your capacity.
- Now close the left nostril by pressing the middle finger of your right hand and exhale slowly by removing the thumb from the right nostril.
- After stopping for about 10 seconds, take a long and deep breath through the right nostril.
- After that repeat the same process with the other nostril.
- Those suffering from severe heart disease should do this only after asking the doctor.
- Before doing this pregnant, please consult a doctor and yoga specialist.
During Halasana, the shape of the body appears like a plow that plows the ground. According to a scientific study, doing Halasana keeps the mind calm and insomnia can be overcome . Actually, depression and insomnia also have a negative effect on eyesight . On this basis, it can be said that doing Halasana can have a positive effect on eyesight.
Method of doing yoga:
- To perform Halasana, first lay a mat on a clean and flat place.
- Now lie straight on the mat with the support of your back.
- At this time both the hands will be attached to the body and the palms will be towards the ground.
- Then while inhaling, raise both the legs together up to 90 degrees.
- If someone has difficulty lifting the leg, they can support the waist with their hand.
- After this, while exhaling, slowly move both the legs from above the head to the back.
- Now try to touch the ground with the toes of both the feet.
- Then remove the hands from the waist and keep them straight on the ground on the first side.
- Stay in this position for a while and breathe in and out normally.
- Now take a breath and come to the starting position.
- This yogasana can be done three to five times.
- Do not do Halasana during diarrhea or menstruation.
- Avoid doing this yoga in case of neck injury.
- This asana should not be done during pregnancy.
Other Exercises For Eyes To Remove Glasses
Apart from the above mentioned yoga, other yogas can also be done to remove glasses from the eyes. We are giving information about those yogas below.
1. Blinking Eyelids
Other yoga poses to remove glasses from the eyes also include blinking. Blinking exercises can help relax the eye muscles. Also, eye strain is also reduced. Due to all this, both eye health and light can be better . For this reason, blinking exercises are considered good for removing glasses.
How to do it:
- First of all sit in the posture of Sukhasana or Padmasana by laying a mat.
- Keep both eyes open at this time and keep the blinking process normal.
- Now take a long and deep breath. Immediately after this, blink quickly for about 5 to 10 seconds.
- Then keep both eyes closed for about 10 seconds and keep breathing and exhaling.
- You can repeat this process four to five times after stopping for a few seconds.
2. Rubbing the Palms
In this process the hands are heated by rubbing. According to research published on the website of NCBI, it relaxes the muscles of the eyes and can also revive them. It may also help stimulate the circulation of aqueous humor (the fluid in the eye). This can reduce eye problems and can have a positive effect on eyesight .
How to do it:
- For this, first of all, by laying a yoga mat or mat, sit in the position of Sukhasana or Padmasana.
- Then close both your eyes, take a long and deep breath and slowly release it.
- Now rub both your palms together.
- As soon as the palms become warm, place them over the closed eyes.
- During this, the heat of the palms reaches the eyes.
- Leave the hands on the eyelids for a while.
- After that again you can rub the palms and place them on the eyelids.
- This process can be repeated daily for one to two minutes.
3. Rotate the eyes
Eye rotation exercises can also be included in the yoga of removing glasses. In this exercise, both the eyes are rotated in circular motion simultaneously. This may help maintain balance in the muscles around the eyes and improve the movement of the eyeballs .
How to do it:
- To do this, sit in the posture of Sukhasana.
- Now close both your eyes for about 5 seconds and then open the eyes once by taking a long and deep breath.
- Then move both the eyes continuously like clockwise from left to right in circular motion.
- Rotate at least 5 rounds at a time and take a 10 second pause with your eyes closed.
- Then open the eyes and rotate it anti-clockwise i.e. from right to left.
- This whole process can be done intermittently three to four times.
4. Front-right-left viewing
It can also be included in yoga to remove glasses from the eyes. By doing this yoga, the tension of tense muscles can be reduced, thereby preventing damage related to eyesight. Its positive effect can be seen in the eyesight .
How to do it:
- Place a mat on a clean place and sit in the posture of Padmasana.
- After this, tying a fist with your right hand, bring the hand directly in line with the shoulder. Then open the thumb and lift it upwards as you do the thumbs up.
- Then keep the eyes on the upper part of the thumb.
- Now take a deep breath and slowly release it.
- Then move the hand to the left and keep the eyes on the thumb.
- During this, only the eyes will move with the thumb. The head will remain stable. Don’t move it at all.
- After this, take the hand back in front and lower it.
- Now repeat this process with the right hand from the right side.
- You can do 5 to 8 cycles of this process.
- In the end, close your eyes and breathe for a while and release it.
5. Seeing Near and Far
Other yoga poses for removing glasses also include looking near and far. Regular practice of this yoga kriya can improve the focusing eye muscles. This can also help in improving eyesight .
How to do it:
- First of all, sit in a comfortable posture on the yoga mat and place the thumb of your left hand in front of the eyes.
- In this process, first the thumb will be near the eyes and then slowly move it away from the eyes.
- During this action, keep the eyes on the thumb.
- This exercise can be done 5 to 10 times by taking a break.
6. Looking Down
According to a medical research, looking up and down can improve the upper and lower muscles of the eyeballs. This can improve the eyesight to some extent, so it can be given the status of yoga and exercise to remove glasses .
How to do it:
- First of all, sit on a yoga mat and sit on it.
- Then by tying the fist of one hand, raise the thumb up.
- Now bring the thumb directly in front of the eyes and keep an eye on it.
- After this, slowly move the thumb first down and then up. While doing this, keep your eyes on the thumb only.
- This action can be done intermittently for 5 to 10 times.
7. Palm Yoga
- To begin, sit up straight with your eyes closed. Take a deep breath. If you are comfortable with this you can consider Sukhasana or Vajrasana. Take a rest
- Rub your palms so that they become warm, and place them on your eyelids.
- Feel the warmth of your palms spreading across your eyes. This will help relax the muscles as your eyes sink into the soothing darkness.
- Remain seated in the posture until all the heat in your palms is completely absorbed by the eyes.
- Lower your hands as you still keep your eyes closed.
- For best results, repeat this three times in a single sitting.
After doing this, close your eyes for some time and keep breathing and exhaling.
Eyes are a precious part of human life. Ignoring them, the problems related to it go on increasing day by day. In such a situation, by paying attention to it in time, the eyes can be saved from diseases and loss of light. For this, include the yogasanas and exercises mentioned in the article in the routine. With this, the condition of wearing glasses on the eyes can be avoided and the eyes remain healthy.
Frequently asked questions about Yoga to Remove Glasses from Eyes (FAQ)
1). Can yoga help remove glasses?
Yes, yoga can help remove glasses. Actually, through yoga, the blood circulation of the eyes is better, which can improve the quality of eyesight.
2). Can glasses be removed naturally?
Yes, glasses can be removed naturally. For this, you can do Shirshasana, Sarvangasana, Anulom-Vilom and Halasana as well as other yogas given in the article.
3). Which exercise can get rid of glasses?
Exercises such as blinking, rubbing the palms, rolling the eyes can be done as an exercise to get rid of glasses.