What are Chemical Peels?
These days, women are taking great help of chemical grinding to remove the spots of fair skin and face. But what is a chemical peel after all? By doing this, how does your skin glow and how does your skin stains go away.
Chemical peels have become quite popular now. Chemical peels not only enhance your skin, but this beauty treatment removes everything from removing blemishes on your face to age lines, wrinkles and dryness of the skin. If your skin is deteriorating now, the effect of aging is now visible on your face, then you should think about getting a chemical peel done.
What is chemical peel, how is it made, what are the advantages and disadvantages of getting it done, now I am telling you all this.
💻 Table of Content
What is a Chemical Peels?
Chemical peel is a type of cosmetic treatment, in which the skin is made healthy by removing dead cells. This treatment is beneficial for those people who are very troubled by dry skin, acne and blemishes. With the help of this treatment, the skin is made better than before and at the same time the stress marks also go away. However, in the process of chemical peels, by preparing a mixture of natural acids and chemicals, the dead cells of the skin are cured through facials. There is a new fashion in women, chemical skin peeling treatment is done to enhance the beauty and beauty of the skin. But any woman should consult a doctor before getting treatment. This is because chemical peel treatments have benefits and there are some side effects as well. The question must be coming in the mind of many people, how is chemical peel treatment done? So, in today’s article, we are going to tell you in detail about the treatment, advantages and disadvantages of chemical peel.
How is chemical skin peeling treatment done?
Deep peels could be performed in an outpatient surgery center; chemical peels are commonly performed in-office. Most likely, they’ll ask you to tie your hair back before the treatment. Your face will be washed, and you might even get some eye protection like gauze or goggles.
If you’re getting a deep peel, your doctor might use a topical anesthetic to numb the region. Your doctor might also administer a regional anesthetic for thorough peels, which will numb sizable regions. If you are getting treatment for your face and neck, they are very likely to do this. You’ll also receive an IV for deep peels, and your heart rate will be carefully observed.
A cotton ball, piece of gauze, or brush will be used to administer a chemical solution, such as salicylic acid, to the region being treated during a light peel. The skin will begin to whiten and possibly sting a little. The chemical solution will either be eliminated afterward or a neutralizing solution will be introduced.
Your doctor will apply the chemical solution to your face using a cotton-tipped applicator, a special sponge, or gauze during a medium chemical peel. This can include trichloroacetic acid or glycolic acid. The trichloroacetic acid, sometimes known as blue peel, may be tinted blue. Your doctor will apply a cool compress to the skin as the skin starts to lighten. Burning or stinging sensations could last up to 20 minutes. Although they may provide you a hand-held fan to cool your skin, no neutralizing solution is required. If you’ve had the blue peel, your skin will be coloured blue, which could persist for a few days.
You’ll be asleep during a deep chemical peel. Phenol will be applied to your skin by the doctor using an applicator with a cotton tip. Your skin will become white or grey as a result. To reduce the skin’s exposure to the acid, the process will be completed in 15-minute segments.
Types of Chemical Peel?
Chemical peel is a treatment that is done to lighten the skin. Chemical peels are done in three ways.
Superficial peels – This type uses mild acids such as alpha-hydroxy acids for gradual exfoliation. It only penetrates the outermost layer of the skin.
Medium Peels – In this type that use trichloroacetic or glycolic acid to reach the middle and outer layer of the skill. This makes it more effective for removing damaged skin cells.
Deep peels – In this type that completely penetrates the middle layer of the skin to remove the damaged skin cells. These peels often use phenol or trichocalcic acid.
What are the benefits of Chemical Peel?
Chemical peel treatment is specially done to make the skin beautiful and soft. Let’s talk about the benefits of chemical peel.
- Chemical peel treatment is specially done to make the skin beautiful and soft. Let’s talk about the benefits of chemical peel.
- Camille peel helps in reducing the spots on the skin due to ageing.
- Chemical peel treatment helps in reducing wrinkles and rejuvenates the skin.
- If there is any kind of acne on the skin, chemical peel is beneficial in removing them.
- Chemical skin peeling helps in increasing the hydration of the skin.
- Chemical skin peeling is beneficial to remove dead cells from the skin.
- The harmful rays of the sun have a very bad effect on the skin and chemical peel is beneficial for normalizing the affected skin.
- Chemical peels are used to eliminate fine lines on the face.
What are the disadvantages of chemical peel?
There are some benefits of getting a chemical peel done, but there may be some disadvantages as well. Let us explain further.
- If you have had a chemical peel treatment, then before going out in the sun, apply sunscreen on the skin and go out with sunglasses.
- After getting a chemical peel, the skin can become red, until the skin comes back to normal condition, the skin looks red.
- If there is ringworm or any kind of infection in the skin, then getting a chemical peel can increase the chances. So, there may be a risk of chemical peel bacterial infection.
- Some people may have darker or more fair skin after chemical treatment. Apart from this, in those whose skin is already dark, the change in color can be permanent.
When is the treatment done?
There are different types of skin peeling treatments.
- Yellow Peel is applied to the skin to increase the oxygen supply and make the skin firm.
- Agripil reduces inflammation in the skin.
- The AHA peel is used to heal dry skin, as it improves the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
- Pumpkin is a natural product rich in Vitamin A and Pumpkin Peel rejuvenates damaged skin.
Chemical skin peeling treatment is done after the doctor has cleaned the skin thoroughly. Then the doctor sees whether the skin is reacting adversely to the chemical. If nothing happens, the doctor proceeds with the procedure. Chemical peels include salicylic acid peel which helps to open pores and eliminate acne which causes bacteria to grow. Trichloroacetic Acid Peel is performed to heal severe skin damage. This peel contains a lot of acid. Therefore it is not left on the skin for more than a minute or two. It works well with conditions like melasma (skin discoloration), sun scars, severe acne and pigmentation.
How long does skin peeling treatment recovery take?
1. Skin peeling treatments, which use natural products, are harmless and do not require any care. However, there are certain things to be observed for skin peeling treatment like, one should not use acne cream for 2-3 days before and after the treatment.
2. Sun exposure should be completely avoided for 2-3 days and one should apply SPF cream if need be.
3. Do not wash the face with water for 24 hours post treatment. It should be cleaned with a mild cleanser and a non-moisturizing cream should be used.
4. A person should avoid swimming for 2-3 days after the treatment. Make-up should also be avoided.
5. If the skin develops red patches or rashes then they should be treated with cold compresses.
What are the prices of chemical peels?
The majority of the time, chemical peels are seen as cosmetic procedures, and insurance rarely pays for them. The procedure will be paid for out of your own money. However, your first consultation appointment might be covered by insurance.
The cost of the process will vary depending on your region, the provider’s level of skill, and the kind of peel you choose. Deep peels might cost $3,000 or more, while light peels can cost as little as $150. (specifically if it requires anesthesia, or in-patient stays). According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, a chemical peel currently costs $673 on average.